9/18/2008

Things I love Thursday - The Belly Band

So, I'm trying something new here! The Diaper Diaries has a weekly blog called "Things I Love Thursday". It sounded fun, so I'm gonna give it a shot. Be sure to check out The Diaper Diaries website after you read my blog! :)

The Thing I Love this Thursday is The Belly Band. Most of you know that I am pregnant (19 weeks on Monday) and most of you also know that I have an 11 and 8 year old. This means that I have not been pregnant for 8 YEARS. A lot of things have changed in 8 years!!! Not only many changes in my body (it's much harder to be pregnant when you're older), but also with all the fun stuff they have for pregnant women and babies these days!! I can make a general statement that the maternity clothes have improved DRASTICALLY in the last eight years. They are so stylish & cute now!! Anyway...back to the thing I love today...THE BELLY BAND.

My friend, Sarah, has a one year old and she so graciously lent me the majority of my maternity wardrobe. One of the items was (what she called)...THE BELLY BAND. What is a belly band you might ask?? Well, you know the big elastic part of maternity pants...it's just the elastic part. Why do I love it so?? Because it has turned my regular pants, jeans, and capris, into MATERNITY pants, jeans, and capris!! This has tripled my maternity wardrobe & I am so excited that I have a variety of pants to wear without have the wear the same black maternity pants to work everyday! I bet you want to know how it works now, huh? Since it's just the elastic part of the pants...I just pull it over my regular (non-maternity) pants. I am then able to leave my regular pants unbuttoned (because they could not be buttoned no matter how hard I try). The Belly Band actually converts my regular pants into maternity pants!! I cannot contain my excitement about this gadget!! I mean, I can't believe they didn't think of it sooner! So, there you have it. The Belly Band is the thing I love today!

1 comments:

thediaperdiaries said...

I have heard of this but it didn't exist with my first 2 pregnancies either. If I get blessed with baby #3, I am totally getting one of these.